If you’re looking for ways to save money, then a great place to start is by cancelling any unused or unwanted subscriptions.
To help you out, we’ve put together this guide for cancelling YouTube Music.
Easy way to Cancel YouTube Music
- Open YouTube Music.
- Tap the profile picture in the top right corner.
- Tap ‘Paid Memberships’.
- Tap ‘Manage’.
- Tap ‘cancel membership’.
- You can pause your subscription if you just don’t need it for a short time period. Tap continue to cancel.
- Tap the reason you’re cancelling.
- Tap ‘Next’.
- A confirmation window will appear. Tap ‘Yes, cancel’.
To cancel through the YouTube mobile app:
- Open YouTube app on your iPhone or Android.
- In the top right corner of the app, click your profile picture.
- From the new menu, select ‘Paid Partnerships’.
- Select ‘music’ and then tap ‘manage’.
- Android: You’ll be asked if you want to pause and then you’ll be able to confirm you want to cancel your account. Once you do, you’re done here.
- iPhone: Sign into your Google/YouTube Account again. Once you do, you’ll be brought back to the ‘Paid Memberships’ page. Select Music Subscription again and tap ‘Deactivate.
Tada 🎉 All done! If you’re looking for more tips on how to save money or reduce household bills, then you can check out the Plum blog.
How Plum can help automatically manage subscriptions
Plum is a money management app that can help you budget, by giving you an overview of all your bank accounts and credit cards all in one place.
The app can also give you an adjusted balance, which takes into account any regular payments due before your next payday.
By identifying any regular payments that come out of your bank, it’s easy to spot where you have subscriptions that you might have forgotten about, or identify where your cash goes so you can better control your spending.