What is User-Generated Content
User-generated content, also known as user-created content, is a term used to refer to any type of content created and published by users and the general public ("User-Generated Content"). The type of content can vary from videos, testimonials, pictures, tweets, IG stories and everything in between. Specifically, users are promoting and talking about the PLUM brand. If you have recently used one of our services within the PLUM app and captured and/or talked about us online, we thank you for your support.
The purpose for this page
(a) Your content has been selected
Plum Fintech is seeking your permission to collect, transmit, store, publish and use the content that you have posted, uploaded, provided or otherwise made available on any website and/or social media platform that relates to our brand and/or properties, and/or destinations our properties are located in (“UGC”). Such use of the UGC, includes without limitation on storage systems, websites, social media channels, print materials and other promotional materials (regardless of form) whether owned by or created for and behalf of PLUM FINTECH, our related corporations and our affiliates. We thank you for considering our request.
If you agree to our request to use the UGC in accordance with the terms and conditions set out herein ("Terms"), please respond to our message by replying with the hashtag(s) "#withplum", “#EasierWithPlum” and/or grant approval through system(s) maintained by our service provider(s) providing social curation tools, UGC (PLUM FINTECH) management systems. By agreeing to our request, you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms (as may be amended from time to time).
PLUM FINTECH reserves the right to alter these Terms without advance notice by posting revised Terms on our website.
If you do not agree to these Terms, please disregard this request. Thank you once again for your time.
(b) You are participating in an event held by PLUM FINTECH
PLUM FINTECH may hold events (including without limitation to competitions and promotions) using websites and social media platform(s) which may require you to submit content in order to participate in such events/competitions/promotions. By submitting your content and tagging such content with the relevant hashtag(s) indicated under the Event Terms, you will be deemed to have agreed to these Terms and the Event Terms.
(a) About you
By agreeing to these Terms, you are representing and warranting to us that:
- You are at least 18 years old; and
- You therefore have the legal authority and ability to agree to such Terms on your own accord
(b) Collection, Storage, Transmission, Publication and/or Use
- The UGC will be used for promoting/marketing of businesses, services and/or products which are sold, distributed and/or marketed by PLUM FINTECH. (collectively "Purposes").
- We engage third party service providers to facilitate the collection, storage, transmission, publication and/or use of content on our websites, social media channels, print material and other promotional materials (regardless of form) (collectively "PLUM FINTECH Content").
- Accordingly, your agreement to these Terms will be deemed as consent to the collection, storage, transmission, publication and/or use of the UGC by PLUM FINTECH, our business partners and our service providers for the Purposes. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, to the extent the UGC contains any personal data (as defined under the Data Protection Act 2018), you may let us know if you would like to withdraw consent for the use and disclosure of such UGC by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Your consent will not lapse or be deemed as revoked notwithstanding (a) the UGC has been removed by you from the websites and/or social media channels where you originally uploaded or posted the UGC on or otherwise removed from such websites and/or social media channels where the UGC was hosted; (b) you have changed your username on such websites or social media channels; (c) you have closed your account on such websites or social media channels; or (d) you have changed the settings of your accounts on any website or social media platform such that it is to be limited to a restricted audience. In particular, you acknowledge and agree that the UGC may be made available to a wider audience than that which may have been originally intended by you.
(c) User-Generated Content (UGC)
- The UGC may be in the form of pictures/graphics, photographs, videos, sound recordings, comments, a combination of the above and/or any other forms derived from the above mentioned.
- You own all rights to the UGC and all elements thereof. The UGC is your own content and creation, and does not contain any characteristics or elements which infringes or violates the rights to usage and modification (including without limitation intellectual property rights, copyright, trademarks, rights of privacy, patent, trade secrets, confidentiality) of another person.
- The UGC must not contain or be accompanied by anything abusive, illegal, derogatory, defamatory, harassing, harmful, hateful, indecent, libelous, objectionable, obscene, offensive and/or threatening. UGC should also not contain or be accompanied by any content relating to, nudity or pornography.
- The UGC, the storage and/or the use of the UGC does not violate any applicable laws, rules and/or requirements (including without limitation the terms or requirements of the websites or social media channels on which they have been uploaded/posted on or are hosted on), as well as the terms and conditions of our service provider(s) including without limitation those providing social curation tools, UGC management systems.
- In the event that individuals or personal data of individuals appear in the UGC, you have obtained consent from these individuals for their likeness or personal data to be included in the UGC; the UGC to be our websites or our social media channels which you had originally uploaded/posted/hosted the UGC on; and the UGC can be collected, stored, transmitted, published and/or used by PLUM FINTECH, our business partners and our third-party service providers for the Purposes.
- In particular, if likeness or personal data of any minor form part of the UGC, you have obtained the consent of such child's parent/legal guardian for the minor's likeness or personal data to be included in the UGC; the UGC to be on websites or social media channels which you had originally uploaded/posted/hosted it on; and the UGC be collected, stored, transmitted, published and/or used by PLUM FINTECH, our business partners and our third-party service providers for the Purposes.
- Upon agreeing to these Terms, you will not modify the UGC such that it breaches any of the Terms.
- By agreeing to these Terms, you will be granting us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, sell, assign, translate, create derivatives work from, distribute and display the UGC (or any part of it) and its related content; and that we may include the UGC (or any part of it and its related content) into other works for any Purpose. In particular, you grant us the right, at our sole discretion and choice, to use your personal data (which may include without limitation your username, real name, image, likeness, location) in connection with our use of the UGC. We retain the right to, at our sole discretion and choice, stop or remove any UGC at any time for any reason in our PLUM FINTECH Content. We reserve the right to moderate the use of UGC and PLUM FINTECH Content.
- In the event that we, at our sole discretion and choice, choose to use your personal data, you agree that we shall not be obliged to ensure that any revised personal data (if subsequently changed) be used unless you have made a request in writing to correct your personal data that is held by us. [Any such requests should be sent to the email address set out in clause 5 below].
- Such an agreement will also be an irrevocable and unconditional waiver (i.e. agreement not to enforce) any and all rights in the UGC which you may have against us. If requested, you will also sign such documentation which we may require to protect, perfect or enforce any of the rights you have given us under these Terms.
- Our use of your UGC shall not be deemed as an endorsement or affiliation with you and your business. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to be or create a partnership or joint venture between you and PLUM FINTECH.
- By agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge that you will be bound by our Policies and expressly agree that we may collect, store, transmit, publish and use your personal data. You acknowledge and agree that we may update our Policies, from time to time, at our sole discretion and without reference/notice to you; and notwithstanding the above, the Policies shall continue to apply.
- Notwithstanding the above, the UGC, your agreeing to these Terms, our request for UGC and/or participation in such event held by PLUM FINTECH (as the case may be) shall not be deemed to be confidential information, and PLUM FINTECH shall not owe you a duty to maintain secrecy about.
- Where required, we may from time to time ask for you to please provide us with your full name, contact details, email address and citizenship.
- You agree that we may (but are not obliged to) use your personal data for the purposes of crediting or attributing credit to you for the UGC; promoting/marketing of businesses, services and/or products which are sold, distributed and/or marketed by PLUM FINTECH, market studies; and inviting you to participate in any loyalty programme.
(f) Limitation of Liability
- You shall be liable for and indemnify us against any and all actions, claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses (including without limitation legal expenses), and proceedings suffered by us, which arose directly or indirectly from a breach by you of your obligations, representations or warranties under these Terms, and/or arise directly or indirectly in connection with the collection, storage, transmission, publication and use of the UGC by us, our business partners and our service providers.
- PLUM FINTECH shall not be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damage, including without limitation any loss of profits or loss of data that results from the collection, storage, transmission, publication and use of the UGC. Your only remedy against PLUM FINTECH would be to request that we stop using any future use of your UGC in new promotional materials (and not in any other existing PLUM FINTECH Content already created and in circulation).
- While we make an effort to pre-screen UGC, we shall not be responsible in any manner to ensure that UGC incorporated into PLUM FINTECH Content is not harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable. In particular, we wish to highlight that how UGC is collated to appear in PLUM FINTECH Content may be random due to software/programming automation, and PLUM FINTECH shall not be responsible if the combination of UGC from different creators appear to be harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable.
- You acknowledge and agree that PLUM FINTECH has no control over UGC beyond its collection, storage, transmission, publication and/or use for PLUM FINTECH Content; and PLUM FINTECH shall not be liable to you should the UGC be misappropriated for collection, storage, transmission, publication and/or use by third parties for any purpose.
REWARD AND COMPETITION TERMS
Who is eligible to take part in the UGC Competition?
To be eligible to take part in the competition, you must be a Plum customer in the UK. To receive the £5 reward, you must be a Plum customer in the UK.
What do I need to do to participate in the UGC Campaign?
To take part you need to follow these steps correctly:
- Screenshot your award(s)
- Post to social media: Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. You must tag Plum (@withplum) and use the hashtag #easierwithplum
Every user that follows the above steps correctly will receive a £5 gift. This will come into your Primary Pocket within 2 weeks of posting. Also, by posting, users will automatically be entered into our competition. The winners will be selected at random and contacted W/C 30th August 2021.
When does the UGC Campaign and Competition start?
Participants can start posting on social media and therefore, enter the campaign and competition from the date they receive the email.
When does the UGC Campaign finish?
The UGC Campaign ends on the 26th August at 11:59pm. The winners will be contacted W/C 30th August 2021.
What else should I know?
- Users will only receive a £5 reward when they post to social media, following the steps correctly outlined in the email and T&Cs.
- The first 100 users follow the steps correctly will receive £5 but are not guaranteed to win the competition.
- The competition winners are randomly selected and there are only 3 winners.
- The 1st winner will receive a prize of £300, 2nd winner; a prize of £150 and 3rd winner; a prize of £50.
- We may suspend or end the UGC Campaign and Competition earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the UGC Campaign and Competition is being abused or may negatively affect Plum’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. If we exercise this right we will give advance notice on our website. Please contact in-app support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of early suspension or termination.
- Events beyond the control of Plum may occur that rendering the awarding of the Promotion impossible. Accordingly, Plum will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.